2. . Birth after Previous Caesarean Birth. RCOG Green top guideline No. 45. London: RCOG Press, 2007.
3. . Saving Mothers' Lives: Reviewing Maternal Deaths to Make Motherhood Safer – 2003–2005. The Seventh Report on Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom. London: CEMACH, 2007.
4. . Intrapartum Care: Care of Healthy Women and their Babies during Childbirth. NICE Clinical Guideline 55. London: NICE, 2007.
5. . Safer Childbirth: Minimum Standards for the Organisation and Delivery of Care in Labour. Royal College of Anaesthetists, Royal College of Midwives, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. London: RCOG Press, 2007.
6. , , , et al. Maternal and perinatal outcomes associated with a trial of labor after prior cesarean delivery. N Engl J Med 2004; 351: 2581–9.
7. , , , et al. Birth after caesarean study – planned vaginal birth or planned elective repeat caesarean for women at term with a single previous caesarean birth: protocol for a patient preference study and randomised trial. BMC Pregn Childbirth 2007; 7: 17.
8. , , , et al. Two decision aids for mode of delivery among women with previous caesarean section: randomised controlled trial. Br Med J 2007; 334: 1305.
9. , , , et al. Risks, values, and decision making surrounding pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 2007; 109: 979–84.
10. Life-table analysis of the risk of perinatal death at term and post term in singleton pregnancies. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2001; 184: 489–96.
11. , , . Caesarean section and risk of unexplained stillbirth in subsequent pregnancy. Lancet 2003; 362: 1779–84.
12. , , , et al. Risk of uterine rupture with a trial of labor in women with multiple and single prior cesarean delivery. Obstet Gynecol 2006; 108: 12–20.
13. , , , et al. Development of a nomogram for prediction of vaginal birth after cesarean delivery. Obstet Gynecol 2007; 109: 806–12.
14. , , , et al. Predicting cesarean section and uterine rupture among women attempting vaginal birth after prior cesarean section. PLoS Med 2005; 2: 871–8.
15. , , , et al. Can uterine rupture in patients attempting vaginal birth after cesarean delivery be predicted?Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006; 195: 1148–52.
16. , , , et al. The MFMU Cesarean Registry: factors affecting the success of trial of labor after previous cesarean delivery. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2005; 193: 1016–23.
17. , , , et al. Trial of labor after one previous cesarean delivery for multifetal gestation. Obstet Gynecol 2007; 110: 814–9.
18. , , , et al. Do vaginal birth after cesarean outcomes differ based on hospital setting?Am J Obstet Gynecol 2007; 197: 400–6.
19. , , , et al. Factors predisposing to perinatal death related to uterine rupture during attempted vaginal birth after caesarean section: retrospective cohort study. Br Med J 2004; 329: 375.
20. , , , et al. Outcomes of induction of labor after one prior cesarean. Obstet Gynecol 2007; 109: t-9.
21. , , . Vaginal prostaglandin (PGE2 and PGF2a) for induction of labour at term. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006; CD003101.
22. . RCOG Induction of Labour. Evidence-based Clinical Guideline Number 9. London: National Institute of Clinical Excellence, 2001.
23. , , , et al. Caesarean delivery and risk of stillbirth in subsequent pregnancy: a retrospective cohort study in an English population. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 2007; 114: 264–70.
24. , , , et al. Dystocia among women with symptomatic uterine rupture. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2001; 184: 620–4.
25. , , , et al. Does a maximum dose of oxytocin affect risk for uterine rupture in candidates for vaginal birth after cesarean delivery?Am J Obstet Gynecol 2007; 197: 495.
26. , , , et al. Previous cesarean delivery and risks of placenta previa and placental abruption. Obstet Gynecol 2006; 107: 771–8.
27. , . Etiology and risk factors for placenta previa: an overview and meta-analysis of observational studies. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2003; 13: 175–90.
28. , , , et al. Maternal morbidity associated with multiple repeat cesarean deliveries. Obstet Gynecol 2006; 107: 1226–32.
29. , , , et al. Multiple cesarean section morbidity. Int J Gynaecol Obstet Guideline No. 27 2004; 87: 227–32.
30. . Placenta Praevia and Placenta Praevia Accreta: Diagnosis and Management London: RCOG, 2005.
31. , , , et al. The Maternal–Fetal Medicine Units Cesarean Registry: safety and efficacy of a trial of labor in preterm pregnancy after a prior cesarean delivery. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006; 195: 1119–26.
32. , , , et al. The Maternal–Fetal Medicine Unit cesarean registry: trial of labor with a twin gestation. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2005; 193: 135–40.
33. , , , et al. Vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) attempt in twin pregnancies: is it safe?Am J Obstet Gynecol 2005; 193: 1050–55.
34. , , Osterweil P. Evidence-based vaginal birth after Caesarean section. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2005; 19: 117–30.
35. , , , et al. The MFMU Cesarean Registry: impact of fetal size on trial of labor success for patients with previous cesarean for dystocia. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006; 195: 1127–31.
36. , , , et al. Short interpregnancy interval: risk of uterine rupture and complications of vaginal birth after cesarean delivery. Obstet Gynecol 2007; 110: 1075–82.
37. , , , et al. Uterine rupture: risk factors and pregnancy outcome. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003; 189: 1042–6.
38. , , , et al. Systematic review of the incidence and consequences of uterine rupture in women with previous caesarean section. Br Med J 2004; 329: 19–25.