- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: August 2015
- Print publication year: 2015
- Online ISBN: 9781316106877
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781316106877
The 'Arithmetic and Geometry' trimester, held at the Hausdorff Research Institute for Mathematics in Bonn, focussed on recent work on Serre's conjecture and on rational points on algebraic varieties. The resulting proceedings volume provides a modern overview of the subject for graduate students in arithmetic geometry and Diophantine geometry. It is also essential reading for any researcher wishing to keep abreast of the latest developments in the field. Highlights include Tim Browning's survey on applications of the circle method to rational points on algebraic varieties and Per Salberger's chapter on rational points on cubic hypersurfaces.