- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: December 2012
- Print publication year: 2012
- Online ISBN: 9781139208574
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781139208574
This volume takes its name from a popular series of intensive mathematics workshops hosted at institutions in Appalachia and surrounding areas. At these meetings, internationally prominent set theorists give one-day lectures that focus on important new directions, methods, tools and results so that non-experts can begin to master these and incorporate them into their own research. Each chapter in this volume was written by the workshop leaders in collaboration with select student participants, and together they represent most of the meetings from the period 2006–2012. Topics covered include forcing and large cardinals, descriptive set theory, and applications of set theoretic ideas in group theory and analysis, making this volume essential reading for a wide range of researchers and graduate students.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.