1. , , et al. Prevalence of endocrine diseases in morbidly obese patients scheduled for bariatric surgery: beyond diabetes. Obes Surg 2011; 21: 54–60.
2. Cardiovascular physiology. In Morbid Obesity: Peri-operative Management, 2nd edition. , , , (Eds.), pp. 1–18. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010.
3. , , et al. American Heart Association Obesity Committee of Council on Nutrition. Cardiovascular evaluation and management of severely obese patients undergoing surgery: a science advisory from the American Heart Association. Circulation 2009; 120: 86–95.
4. , , , , Cardiovascular complications of obesity surgery in patients with increased preoperative cardiac risk. Surg Obes Relat Dis 2009; 5: 653–656.
, , et al
. Usefulness of an accelerated transoesophageal stress echocardiography in the preoperative evaluation of high risk severely obese subjects awaiting bariatric surgery
. Cardiovasc Ultrasound 2010
: 30 (http://www.cardiovascularultrasound.com/content/8/1/30
6. , , , Preoperative evaluation for bariatric surgery using transesophageal dobutamine stress echocardiography. Obes Surg 2004; 14: 948–951.
7. , Pulmonary physiology and sleep disordered breathing. In Morbid Obesity: Peri-operative Management, 2nd edition. , , , (Eds.), pp. 19–27. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010.
8. , , et al. The effects of body mass on lung volumes, respiratory mechanics, and gas exchange during general anesthesia. Anesth Analg 1998; 87: 654–660.
9. , , et al. Preoperative use of incentive spirometry does not affect postoperative lung function in bariatric surgery. Transl Res 2010; 156: 265–272.
10. , , et al. Impact of surgically-induced weight loss on respiratory function: a prospective analysis. Obes Surg 2004; 14: 1389–1392.
11. , Screening for obstructive sleep apnea before surgery: why is it important?Current Op Anaesthesiol 2009; 22: 405–411.
12. , , et al. Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome and postoperative complications: clinical use of the STOP-BANG questionnaire. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2010; 136: 1020–1024.
13. , , , , Patients with difficult intubation may need referral to sleep clinics. Anesth Analg 2008; 107: 915–920.
14. , , et al. Obstructive sleep apnea is not a risk factor for difficult intubation in morbidly obese patients. Anesth Analg 2009; 109: 1182–1186.
15. , , et al. Prediction of difficult mask ventilation. Anesthesiology 2000; 92: 1229–1236.
16. , , , , Morbid obesity and tracheal intubation. Anesth Analg 2002; 94: 732–736.
17. , , et al. Preoperative cardiac and pulmonary assessment in bariatric surgery. Obes Surg 2008; 18: 271–277.