1. , , , Preoperative evaluation for bariatric surgery using transesophageal dobutamine stress echocardiography. Obes Surg 2004; 14: 948–951.
2. , , et al. Risk factors and outcome in European cardiac surgery: analysis of the EuroSCORE multinational database of 19030 patients. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 1999; 15: 816–822.
3. , , et al. High-dose insulin therapy attenuates systemic inflammatory response in coronary artery bypass grafting patients. Ann Thorac Surg 2008; 86: 20–27.
4. , , , Case 1–2007. Morbidly obese patient undergoing cardiac surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2007; 21: 133–143.
5. , , et al. Cardiopulmonary bypass and deep hypothermic circulatory arrest in a massively obese patient. Perfusion 2008; 23: 243–245.
6. , , et al. Obesity in the elderly cardiac surgical patient as a risk factor for intra-operative complications. Internet J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg™. ISSN: 1524–0274.
7. , , et al. Immediate extubation after aortic valve surgery using high thoracic epidural analgesia or opioid-based analgesia. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2005; 19: 176–181.
8. , , , , Thoracic epidural analgesia in obese patients with body mass index of more than 30 kg/m2 for off pump coronary artery bypass surgery. Ann Card Anaesth 2010; 13: 28–33.
9. , , et al. Body mass index: surgical site infections and mortality after lower extremity bypass from the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program 2005–2007. Ann Vasc Surg 2010; 24: 48–56.
10. , , et al. Obesity and metabolic syndrome are independent risk factors for atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Circulation 2007; 116: 1213–1219.
11. , , , , Obesity is associated with increased morbidity after coronary artery bypass graft surgery in patients with renal insufficiency. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2009; 138: 873–879.
12. , , et al. Is extreme obesity a risk factor for cardiac surgery? An analysis of patients with a BMI > or = 40. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2006; 29: 434–440.
13. , , et al. Effect of body mass index on early and late mortality after coronary artery bypass grafting. Ann Thorac Surg 2010; 89: 30–37.
14. , , et al. Effect of body mass index on outcomes after cardiac surgery: is there an obesity paradox?Ann Thorac Surg 2011; 91: 42–47.
15. , , et al. Relationship between body mass index and left main disease: the obesity paradox. Arch Med Res 2009; 40: 618–624.
16. , , et al. The obesity paradox in patients with peripheral arterial disease. Chest 2008; 134: 925–930.
17. , , The obesity paradox: fact or fiction?Am J Cardiol 2006; 98: 944–948.