1. , , , , . Alternative therapy use by psychiatric outpatients. J Nerv Ment Dis, Nov 1999;187(11):692–5.
2. . Indications for electroconvulsive therapy. Am J Psychiatry, 2000;157:1.
3. . The Practice of Electroconvulsive Therapy: Recommendations for Treatment Training, and Privileging, 2nd ed. Washington, DC: Author, 2001.
4. . The mortality Rate with ECT. Convuls Ther, Sep 1997;13(3):125–7.
5. , , , et al. ACC/AHA 2007 guidelines on perioperative cardiovascular evaluation and care for noncardiac surgery: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.
6. , , . Duration of ECT-induced tachycardia as a measure of seizure length. Am J Psychiatry, 1984;14:1269.
7. . Electroconvulsive Therapy, 2nd ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 1992.
8. , . Autobiographical amnesia with ECT: An analysis of the roles of stimulus wave form, electrode placement, stimulus energy, and seizure length. Biol Psychiatry, 1983;18:121.
9. , , , et al. ECT-induced interictal delirium in patients with a history of CVA. J Geriatr Pyschiatry Neurol, 1992;5:149.
10. , , , et al. Anesthesia, 6th ed. New York: Churchill Livingstone, 2005, pp 2654–6.
11. , , , et al. Cardiac arrest during ECT modified beta-adrenergic blockade. Am J Psychiatry, 1984;141:298.
12. , . Stoelting’s Anesthesia and Co-Existing Disease, 5th ed. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingstone, 2008, chapter 22.