1. , , , et al. ACC/AHA 2007 Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Unstable Angina/non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Revise the 2002 Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina/non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction) developed in collaboration with the American College of Emergency Physicians, the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, and the Society of Thoracic Surgeons endorsed by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation and the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine. J Am Coll Cardiol 2007;50(7):e1–157.
2. , . Jaundice. In (ed). Harwood-Nuss' Clinical Practice of Emergency Medicine, 5th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA, 2010.
3. , , . Procalcitonin assay in systemic inflammation, infection, and sepsis: Clinical utility and limitations. Crit Care Med 2008;36(3):941–52.
4. , , , et al. Diagnosis and testing in bronchiolitis: A systematic review. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2004;158(2):119–26.
5. , (eds). Cost-Effective Diagnostic Testing in Emergency Medicine. Guidelines for Appropriate Utilization of Clinical Laboratory and Radiology Studies, 2nd ed. American College of Emergency Physicians, Dallas, TX, 2000.
6. . Evaluation of rapid influenza diagnostic tests for detection of novel influenza A (H1N1) Virus – United States, 2009. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2009;58(30):826–9.
7. , . The C-reactive protein. J Emerg Med 1999;17(6):1019–25.
8. , , , et al. Prediction of bile duct stones and complications in gallstone pancreatitis using early laboratory trends. Am J Gastroenterol 2001;96(12):3305–11.
9. , , , et al. Systematic review: Noninvasive testing for Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Ann Intern Med 2005;142(11):914–25.
10. , , , et al. Randomized clinical trial of intravenous magnesium sulfate as an adjunctive medication for emergency department treatment of migraine headache. Ann Emerg Med 2001;38(6):621–7.
11. , , , et al. Sensitivity and specificity of a quantitative point of care D-dimer assay using heparinized whole blood, in patients with clinically suspected deep vein thrombosis. Thromb Haemost 2006;96(1):79–83.
12. , , , et al. Comparison of lactate values between point-of-care and central laboratory analyzers. Am J Clin Pathol 2007;128(1):168–71.
13. . Clinical impact of blood cultures taken in the emergency department. J Accid Emerg Med 1998;15(4):254–6.
14. , , , et al. Prospective multicenter evaluation of the pulmonary embolism rule-out criteria. J Thromb Haemost 2008;6(5):772–80.
15. , . The laboratory diagnosis of platelet disorders. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2002;126(February):133–45.
16. , , . Rational ordering of electrolytes in the emergency department. Ann Emerg Med 1991;20(1):16–21.
17. , , , et al. Comparison of arterial and venous pH, bicarbonate, PCO2 and PO2 in initial emergency department assessment. Emerg Med J 2007;24(8):569–71.
18. , (eds). Henry's Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods, 21st ed. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA, 2007.
19. , , , et al. Serum lactate is associated with mortality in severe sepsis independent of organ failure and shock. Crit Care Med 2009;37(5):1670–7.
20. , Natriuretic peptide guided heart failure management. Curr Clin Pharmacol 2009;4(2):87–94.
21. . Six steps to acid-base analysis: clinical applications. J Crit Ill 1990;5(5):460–9.
22. , , . The VIDAS D-dimer test for venous thromboembolism: A prospective surveillance study shows maintenance of sensitivity and specificity when used in normal clinical practice. Am J Emerg Med 2007;25(4):464–71.
23. , , , et al. Performance evaluation of a new rapid urine test for chlamydia in men: prospective cohort study. BMJ 2009;339:b2655.
24. . Normal amylase levels in the presentation of acute pancreatitis. Am J Emerg Med 1994;12:21–4.
25. , , , et al. Design and validation of real-time reverse transcription-PCR assays for detection of pandemic (H1N1) 2009 virus. J Clin Microbiol 2009;47(11):3454–60.
26. , , , . Derivation and validation of a formula to calculate the contribution of ethanol to the osmolal gap. Ann Emerg Med 38(6):653–9.
27. , , , et al. Early diagnosis of myocardial infarction with sensitive cardiac troponin assays. N Engl J Med 2009;361(9):858–67.
28. , , , et al. Magnesium sulfate for treating exacerbations of acute asthma in the emergency department. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2000(2):CD001490.
29. , , , et al. A multicenter randomized controlled trial comparing central laboratory and point-of-care cardiac marker testing strategies: The Disposition Impacted by Serial Point of Care Markers in Acute Coronary Syndromes (DISPO-ACS) trial. Ann Emerg Med 2009;53(3):321–8.
30. , , . Screening for ketonemia in patients with diabetes. Ann Emerg Med 1999;34:342–6.
31. , , . Prediction of electrolyte abnormalities in elderly emergency patients. Ann Emerg Med 1991;20(9):964–8.
32. , , , et al. Performance characteristics of clinical diagnosis, a clinical decision rule, and a rapid influenza test in the detection of influenza infection in a community sample of adults. Ann Emerg Med 2005;46(5):412–19.
33. . Emerg Med Clin North Am 1986;4(2):207–409.
34. , , . Effect of population-based interventions on laboratory utilization. JAMA 1998;280(23):2028–33.
35. , , . A critical evaluation of laboratory tests in acute pancreatitis. Am J Gastroenterol 2002;97(6):1309–18.