- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: March 2022
- Print publication year: 2022
- Online ISBN: 9781108975759
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108975759
- Subjects: Neurology and Clinical Neuroscience, Medicine
Alzheimer's Disease (AD) is a growing global public health challenge. The development of new therapies is urgently needed, and a complex ecosystem of organizations has grown to facilitate AD drug discovery and development. Masterfully collating information on the drug development ecosystem, this book emphasizes the contributions of each aspect in the pipeline with a uniform approach to chapters, enabling readers to access relevant information quickly. Topics covered include the use of non-clinical laboratory studies, biomarker development, artificial intelligence, design and management of clinical trials, and funding and financing models. Also discussed is the critical role of advocacy fundraising for drug development. With the approval of aducanumab, the function of the ecosystem has become apparent. This is a definitive overview of how the ecosystem works in transferring an AD drug from its discovery in the laboratory through clinical trial testing to regulatory review and eventual marketing.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.