- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: January 2013
- Print publication year: 2006
- Online ISBN: 9781139052269
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781139052269
This is the first of three volumes containing edited versions of papers and a commentary presented at invited symposium sessions of the Ninth World Congress of the Econometric Society, held in London in August 2005. The papers summarise and interpret key developments, and they discuss future directions for a wide variety of topics in economics and econometrics. The papers cover both theory and applications. Written by leading specialists in their fields, these volumes provide a unique survey of progress in the discipline.