1. . Medical Methods for Termination of Pregnancy. WHO Technical Report Series 871. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1997.
2. , Medical abortion in the second trimester. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2002;16:237–46.
3. , Therapeutic abortion using prostaglandin F2α. Lancet 1970;1:157–9.
4. , Therapeutic abortion and induction of labour by intravaginal administration of prostaglandin E2 and F2α. J Obstet Gynaecol Br Commonw 1971;78:294–9.
5. , , , et al. Medical termination of early pregnancy with mifepristone (RU 486) followed by a prostaglandin analogue. Study in 16,369 women. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 1992;71:278–83.
6. , , Misoprostol is as effective as gemeprost in termination of second trimester pregnancy when combined with mifepristone: a randomised comparative trial. Contraception 1996;53:281–83.
7. . Safe Abortion: Technical and Policy Guidance for Health Systems, 2nd edn. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2012.
8. . The Care of Women Requesting Induced Abortion: Evidence-based Clinical Guideline Number 7. London: RCOG, 23 November 2011.
9. , , , et al. Randomized trial of buccal versus vaginal misoprostol for induction of second trimester abortion. Contraception 2010;81:441–5.
10. , , , et al. Pharmacokinetics of repeated doses of misoprostol. Hum Reprod 2009;24:1862–9.
11. , , , et al. Medical abortion at 9–13 weeks’ gestation: a review of 1076 consecutive cases. Contraception 2005;71:327–32.
12. , , , et al. Medical methods for mid-trimester termination of pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011;(1):CD005216.
13. , , , et al. A randomized comparison of medical abortion and surgical vacuum aspiration at 10–13 weeks gestation. Hum Reprod 2002;17:92–8.
14. , Meta-analysis of 200 or 600 mg mifepristone in association with two prostaglandins for termination of early pregnancy. Contraception 2009;80:95–100.
15. , , A comparison of 600 and 200 mg mifepristone prior to second trimester abortion with the prostaglandin misoprostol. BJOG 1996;103:706–9.
16. , , Mid-trimester induced abortion: a review. Hum Reprod Update 2007;13:37–52.
17. , , , et al. One or two day mifepristone-misoprostol interval for second trimester abortion. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2007;86:1117–21.
18. , , , et al. A randomized trial to compare two dosing intervals of misoprostol following mifepristone administration in second trimester medical abortion. Hum Reprod 2009;24:320–4.
19. , , , et al. A comparison of two regimens of intravaginal misoprostol for termination of second trimester pregnancy: a randomized comparative trial. Hum Reprod 2000;15:709–12.
20. , , , et al. Mifepristone versus laminaria: a randomized controlled trial of cervical ripening in midtrimester termination. Contraception 2007;76:383–8.
21. . Unsafe Abortion: Global and Regional Estimates of Incidence of Unsafe Abortion and Associated Mortality in 2008, 6th edn. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2011.
22. , , , Analgesia requirements and predictors of analgesia use for women undergoing medical abortion up to 22 weeks of gestation. BJOG 2004;111:996–1000.
23. , Pain control in first-trimester and second-trimester medical termination of pregnancy: a systematic review. Contraception 2011;83:116–26.
, , , et al
. Misoprostol for second trimester pregnancy termination in women with prior caesarean: a systematic review
. BJOG 2009